There is a common misconception that only women undergo plastic surgery. The reality is that men work in competitive professions, and looking their best contributes to improved self-confidence and their success. Like women, met want to look and feel desirable. However, the ideal procedures and surgical approaches for men differ from those for women. Most men seek plastic surgery to preserve a masculine appearance while appearing younger and fitter. These procedures are commonly performed for men and are tailored to each patient to achieve their ideal aesthetic.
Men considering plastic surgery should be in good health and have realistic expectations about their results. A consultation with Dr. Lickstein will help determine the custom combination of procedures that are ideal to help you achieve the results you desire.
- Injectables – Men looking for a more straightforward, non-surgical method of achieving a more youthful facial appearance often consider injectables. Products such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM®, and Restylane® are designed to smooth wrinkles and restore lost volume to the face with minimal recovery or downtime.
- KYBELLA® – Double chins that contribute to a fatty facial appearance are easily treated using KYBELLA®. As a non-surgical injectable, KYBELLA® safely and effectively reduces submental fat for a slimmer facial appearance.
- CoolSculpting – CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical alternative to liposuction that can permanently eliminate the bulges of fat without sedation or anesthesia. Men will often treat their chin, chest, abdomen, or hips.
- Eyelid Lift – Drooping or sagging eyelids are a problem for many men. This condition can cause them to appear chronically fatigued, angry, or tired. Severe cases of sagging eyelids can impair vision. An eyelid lift removes excess eyelid skin and fat to restore a brighter and more rested eye appearance.
- Facelift – The male facelift can differ slightly from the female facelift because it maintains the hairline and masculine angles of the face. Your facelift will be tailored to highlight the contours of your face while smoothing and rejuvenating your facial appearance.
- Necklift – Many men develop loose, sagging skin along the lower face and neck. A necklift can improve the definition of the jawline and neck, while still maintaining a very natural appearance.
- Male Breast Reduction – This is a very common concern for men. Men with gynecomastia or a fatty breast appearance can restore a masculine chest contour with male breast reduction surgery. Glandular breast tissue may be excised, and/or liposuction can be used to eliminate excess fat on the chest.
- Lower Body Lift – Men often choose the lower body lift after they lose a significant amount of weight because this procedure corrects the redundant folds of excess skin. Weight-loss patients are often frustrated by unwanted skin and wish to reveal their new, firm body contours. The lower body lift addresses skin around the abdomen, flanks, back, and thighs.
- Liposuction – Men who wish to achieve better definition choose liposuction. It can be performed as a standalone procedure or in combination with another procedure. Liposuction is commonly used by men to create better abdominal definition and more chiseled contours.
- Laser Hair Removal – Unwanted hair on the chest, back, arms, or legs is treated using laser hair removal. This non-surgical procedure helps men more easily control excess hair. Laser hair removal is highly effective on the larger common trouble areas that men typically have.
- Skin Resurfacing – Laser treatments can control unwanted acne, treat sun damage, and smooth wrinkles. Skin resurfacing is highly effective for men with problematic skin who find that drugstore remedies offer little improvement.
- Skin Care – Facials, microdermabrasion, or a customized skin care program can improve a man’s appearance. Effective results can often be achieved with a daily regimen that takes only a few minutes.
Recovery periods vary between surgical and non-surgical procedures. Non-surgical procedures allow men to immediately resume their regular activities. Men who undergo surgical procedures should be able to return to work within one to two weeks of their procedures. Most surgical results are visible within four to six weeks of the procedure.